Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Monty (Owner)     30 August 2015

Payment of installment for apartment purchase on wife behalf

Dear All Experts !

I booked a flat in my Wife name under 'Haryana Govt Affordable Housing Policy, 2013' and was successful candidate in Draw of Lots.

Basic sale price of Flat is Rs 20 Lac and Will Cost Rs 24-25 Lac after taxes & Other Statutory charges.

She was working 8-9 years back in pvt company and have Rs 3-4 lakh FD in her name.

She is not working now, also not filing income tax since left job. But have PAN Card.

Now She has to deposit Premiums/installments for the Apartment for 4 years (after every 6 months)

I have below queries, Please guide which will be legal & most beneficial way:

a) Should I deposit the cheques for installment from my Saving Bank Account.[ I have paid all taxes every year on my income from FD's and other earnings ] 

OR

b) Should I first transfer money into my wife's account and she deposit the cheques for installment from her Saving Bank Account.

Thanks

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 September 2015

since you are an income tax assessee and also are filing the ITR regularly, you are paying your auditor for this purpose,why dont you clarify the details in this regard with him who will be able to guide you very properly on this aspect instead of asking the lawyers here.

BHRIGU DATTA 9475352677 (PRIVATE PRACTICE)     06 September 2015

it does not mean that as your wife booked the flat your wife has to payment . you also make it in lieu of your wife .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register