LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sreenath cochin (advocate)     29 May 2013

Payment of fees

in many of websites, mode of payment of fees for application under rti is note prescribed.and in some other websites even mode of payment is prescribed, in whose favour, demand draft is to be drawn is not specified.in such situation how can i pay fees?can i pay it as hard cash, i mean can i enclose a ten rupee note alongwith the application?????pls advice

Learning

2 Replies

Sonia Dhamija (Advocate)     30 May 2013

If you enclose a ten rupee note along with the application, it will be stolen and your application may not be considered.

The best option is to enclose a postal order of the said amount (Rs. 10 for Central Government). 

Many offices also have an option of personally accpeting the money, but in that case, you will have to go to their office. Thus the most convenient way is a postal order of the required amount.

1 Like

kriti agrawal (self)     14 June 2013

Hi,

If you have to pay fees through demand draft then you have to send demad draft in favour of public information officer of public authority or send along with the application,a banker’s cheque or an Indian Postal Order of Rs. 10/- (Rupees ten), payable to the Accounts Officer of the public authority as fee prescribed for seeking information. The payment of fee can also be made by way of cash to the Accounts Officer of the public authority. 

kriti

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register