Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vivek   20 December 2017

Pay protection

R/sir,

I was working with Indian Railways as an Assistant Engineer since Dec 2011, selected by UPSC. This is a Group A service and my basic salary was 23640/- in pay band of 15600-39100 after four years of service. I have applied for the post of Asstt Prof. in pay band 15600-39100 and AGP 6000/- in SLIET (Sant Longowal institute of engineering and technology) in response to published advertisement. SLIET is an autonomous centrally funded technical institute under MHRD, Govt of India. I have informed railway about this and they have provided me NOC which was produced in interview. After getting selected in SLIET, I applied for technical resignation which was duly accepted, and a copy of acceptance was also sent to SLIET. My lien is also maintained in railways.

I was relieved on 28/04/2016 from Indian Railways to join duties in SLIET.  I joined on 12/05/2016, and after joining I applied for pay protection in Sep 2016 citing O.M. No. 28020/1/2010-Estt.(C). But the institute has declined my request citing recommendations of selection committee and T&C of appointment letter. According to them selection committee must explicitly recommend pay protection, then only it will be given, otherwise the pay will be fixed at minimum of basic pay. They also rejected my transfer TA claim.

My understanding is that since I was not asking for higher AGP or grade pay or advance increments, selection panel did not recommend it explicitly. Also pay protection should be governed by relevant CCS rules rather than recommendations of selection committee. In my offer letter, they have clearly mentioned that the institute follows CCS rules. So, this institute comes under the ambit of DoPT rules as per my understanding.

Please provide your views on this case, and what is the merit in this case? If they reject it what are the legal remedies available to me. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vivek

Learning

1 Replies

seshadri vikrala ( Asst.Security Commissioner/Group 'A' RETIRED)     21 December 2017

SESHADRIVIKRALA VIEWS AND VISION... In so far as INDIAN RAILWAYS IS CONCERNED, IT IS NOT BOUND BY THE DoP&T Orders and RULES... IT IS having its own SET OF RULES governing the Railway RECRUITMENT and SERVICE RULES... IT IS HAVING ITS ENTITY...Kindly read the GOI ALLOCATION OF BUSINESS RULES,1961.. CCS RULES ARE FOR OTHER CG EMPLOYEES PENSIONERS... LIEN IS NOTHING TO HAVE WITH YOUR NEW JOB SECURITY AND YOUR GOING OUT OF THE RAILWAYS IS ON YOUR CHOICE TO OTHER MINISTRY DEPARTMENT... NOT ON DEPUTATION OR TRANSFER, ETC... HENCE, to my CONSIDERED VIEW, you have to loose ALL the Previligous and perks,pay what you used to get from the RAILWAYS... This shall be treated as NEW post and fresh APPOINTMENT, HENCE YOU MAY NOT GET THE PREVILEGE OF PAY PROTECTION.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register