LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

J Padmanabhan (Engineer)     30 October 2013

Pay anomoly

I am a PSU employee.I have joined the service in 1993 as workmen and got promoted as officer in feb 2008.Wage revision for workmen was due on jan 2007 and was signed on dec 2012.As I was a  non officer on 2007 I got the benefits of the wage revision and accordingly my pay was revised. On promotion I was given 3% additional increment to my basic as promotional increment.As per the wage revision agreement between the management and the unions one time additional increment of 6% was added to the basic of the workmen who are on the rolls on dec 31,2006 and continued as workmen on jan 2013.This  6% increment was not given to the employees who were promoted between 2007 to 2012. This has resulted in officers promoted in2007-13  getting lower basic than the non officers who are junior in the joining grade and also holding a lower post. Is this a case of anomoly?  pls advice.

Learning

3 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     03 November 2013

put up representation

J Padmanabhan (Engineer)     04 November 2013

Thank you sir

J Padmanabhan (Engineer)     24 December 2013

Dear Mr.Sudhir,

When I took the case to the management,they repiled that  it is not a case of anomoly since they are not holding the same designation.They told that they may consider the case only when the person in the lower grade (whose pay is more) is promoted to my grade. Pls clarify whether  case of anomoly to be considered within the same grade or it can be compared with the lower grade also

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register