Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

***Friendy*** (Engineer)     13 January 2010

Pay Scales & Grade Pay in Public Sector ( Central Govt.)

Hi All,

Can anybody help me figure out whether the stipend (20,800) mentioned in the below excerpt from the Notification of ECIL( Electronics Corporation of INdia) is the take-home pay or the CTC.

"The selected candidates will undergo training for a period of one year on a consolidated stipend of Rs. 20,800/- p.m.(approximately). In addition to stipend, the other benefits admissible are Medical, Conveyance Reimbursement, Subsidised Transport and Canteen facility, PF etc., as per rules of the Corporation. On successful completion of the training, they will be appointed as Engineer (Contract) for 3 years. On successful completion of Contract appointment, they will be absorbed as Technical Officer in the scale of pay of Rs.16400-40500."

Can you also help me understand the pay-scale Rs.16400-40500?

Is it take-home (net) salary or the gross CTC? How often & how much increments will take place in this pay scale?

Does ECIL offers grade pay as well? If so, is it applicable for employess under the afore mentioned pay-scale.

You may have a look at the attached file if you wish to know other details of the job which may help in answering the question.

I would be really great if you can spare some of your time and guide me.

Many Thanks

Learning

2 Replies

shrikant chede (law officer)     13 January 2010

16400 is ur basic pay u can get dearness allowence on the basic pay . % of d.a .depends on u"r company rules
1 Like

K P S SURESH (student)     16 January 2010

ECIL, a public limited company ( also an govt. undertaking ) has notified a pay scale which do not include Grade Pay. During trg. period, there will be a consolidated pay plus facilities as detailed. Generally D.A increases in every 6 months . But during trg. component need not appear. Conveyance etc. are payable. On completion of trg. You will get full benefits that include industrial d.a.  ECIL is a reputed organisation. Wish u all the best.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register