Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

hamsalakshmi.t (ASSISTANT IN PSU)     12 December 2014

Patta number is mismatching with my original land document

hi,

i am a new member of your forum. In 1970's my father had purchased a land in >>>>>>>> village falling under kattangulathur panchayat. After my father demise in 1992 my  brothers and sisters and  my mother registered the document in my name.  Recently I appraoched the VAO for applying patta. On verification of all the parent documents the VAO said the land survey no XX/4 was renumbered as XX/6 and the same was wrongly executed in the document while transferring the document in  my name in 1992 as XX/3.  In variably the parent document had the renumbered patta XX/6 in the name of my father. The mistake that I had committed was that when I had transferred the land in my document I did not get the patta transferred. If I had done that I would have faced the correction then. The VAO denied to give patta and said that correction of this document is not possible as the original seller is no longer alive and the owner of the  land with patta number XX/3 is no longer alive. He further said that the time gap from the documentation date is more and after so long it cannot be corrected..    

Learning

2 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     12 December 2014

If the legal heirs of the seller are alive you can go for rectification deed, in their absence u have to approach concerned civil court to seek remedy.

Adv. Mandar Pimpalkhare (Advocate)     12 December 2014

Dear Querist

Please clear what do you want to say "parent document"  Do you want to say Original record of revenue department.

Your query is not getting clear picture - which document is registered by your brother & sisters and mother, in your name.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register