LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mythili   04 April 2018

Patta

Sir, I and my neighbour have independent house in a plot of land. we applied for patta and were informed that since the house is with the same survey number separate patta cannot be given but only a joint patta can be given. In case we need separate patta we have to register it again by paying Rs.1.50 Lakhs. The Thasildar informed there will not be any problem in joint patta. 1) Is it possible to do like this? 2) My neighbour has a son and daughter. In case I want to sell my property is it possible with this joint patta? 3) to be in the safer side should I take an affidavit or some legal document so that there will not be any problem in future if I want to sell my property. Kindly help. Regards, Mythili

Learning

1 Replies

Mythili   05 April 2018

Hi Sir,

The total area of the plot is 2600 sq ft and two independent duplex houses were built by the builder consisting of 1300 sq ft.

Both myself and my neighbour purchased in the year 2004.  We are from Chennai, Perungalatur.  In the sale deed it is mentioned as undivided land of 2600 sq ft. and built up area is 1300 sq ft and the survey number is the same for both of us. Hence, the Thasildar has informed only joint patta can be obtained and not individual patta. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register