LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

monalishadak (n/a)     06 January 2008

Patnet of a website

A web site is designed and developed with ideas and specific knoledge of the persons behind it . Its is also a computer programme which generates the website online.

NOW WEHTER THE LAYOUT , CONCEPT AND STYLE OF WEBSITE CAN BE PATENTED. PLEASE TELL ME THE RELEVANT SETIONS OF LAW AND JUDICIAL PRONOUNCEMENTS ALSO.

Learning

1 Replies

kirankumaradv (n/a)     07 January 2008

I think you have misunderstood the concept of patents. Patentable Investions are as floows:

Patentable Inventions:

A patent can be granted for an invention which may be related to any process or product. The word ΓÇ£Invention ΓÇ£ has been defined under the Patents Act 1970 as amended from time to time.

ΓÇ£An invention means a new product or process involving an inventive step and capable of industrial applicationΓÇ¥ (S. 2(1)(j))

ΓÇ£ new inventionΓÇ¥ is defined as any invention or technology which has not been anticipated by publication in any document or used in the country or elsewhere in the world before the date of filing of patent application with
complete specification, i.e. the subject matter has not fallen in public domain or that it does not form part of the state of the art;

Where, Capable of industrial application, in relation to an invention, means that the invention is capable of being made or used in an industry (S.2 (1)(ac))

Therefore, the criteria for an invention to be patentable are,

(1) An invention must be novel
(2) has an inventive step and
(3) is capable of industrial application

Regards

Kirankumar

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register