Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shaila Apte   13 December 2016

Patent in uk and india

Hello,

I am Dr. Mrs. Shaila Apte. I have already registered a patent in India on 21st December 2015 titled "emotional speech synthesis using LPC and pitch modification". I have given consultancy to a comapny Delhi based called "Pastel Dreams" for their product called "emotional synthesis of stories in parent's voice." We have generated the POC for their product. Now, they want to register 3 differnt patent applications in India and in UK. These are related to 1. speech recording and segmentation, 2. speech synthesis and 3. emotional synthesis. I am the principal inventor for this POC that we have generated. My name will appear on the application as the inventor. Is it possile? what will be the consequences of this new registration? Will there be any loss for me? Please guide.

Regards,  

Learning

2 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     15 December 2016

To get you name as inventor u need to prove it before the patent registrar.

By registring it you will be owner of it and liable to get  reality for it if u given it to other for its use.

No there is no any loss for u on the contrary u will be benefited by registering it.

For more help revert back to me.

Will u appreciate this answer by giving like on my LCI profile? 

Shaila Apte   16 December 2016

Hello,

I want to clarify certain points. I have already registered Indian patent 1 year back related to "emotional synthesis." As per the contract I will get the royalty. Now the comapny with my name as inventor is registering for Indian patent with similar title. It will be owned by them. Will this generate any conflict, my rights on "emotional synthesis will be lost? please guide.

Regards,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register