LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Atul Sharma (Advocate)     08 January 2011

Patent Application

Can any one tell me how to draft patent application and give me a drafted patent application for exampl?

Learning

2 Replies

Sy.patents (Freelance)     08 January 2011

Patent drafting is not like any other legal document drafting. A patent is a techno-legal document. You should have strong technical background before you start attempting to draft a patent application. If you are a beginner, in order to draft a reasonably good patent application you should have at least spent few months understanding various aspects of the invention, studying the prior art, anticipating objections you will be expecting from patent office, rules of drafting claims etc. before you even think of starting to draft.

If you would like to know what the sections are in a typical patent, I suggest you to download few PCT, US or European patents (published as well as granted) and study them carefully. Refer Sec 10 of Indian Patent Act and accompanying rules to know statutory information that must be contained in a n Indian patent application.

Never attempt to draft a patent application in areas where you are not technically sound!

Hope this helps.

Ritwick Dave (Lawyer)     09 January 2011

ha ha mil gaya jawab................

kahi aur try kartai hai

chal bhai

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register