LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

IIPTA (Director)     20 June 2011

Patent Agent Examination 2012 Preparation

7 Book set  - Patent Agent Examination Preparation - Distance Learning and online course by IIPTA

Patent Agent Exam preparation books

The books contains the following titles:

1) Bare Act - Patent Act 1970 - Revised with all the latest amendments. We felt that the latest amendments were not updated in the Bare Act available in the market and as the amendments are new, it is likely that there will be questions on them in the exam.

2) Paper 1 - A complete book on paper 1 of Patent Agent Examination with comprehensive examples, illustrations and activities and expected question at the end of each chapter.

3) Case Studies - A book of expected case study based questions and how to solve and write answers for such questions. Most students find it tough and quite time taking for solve these case study based questions. So IIPTA came up with a way to break the case and easily answering the questions asked rather than wasting time of facts which are purposefully put into the question to confuse the test taker.

4) Patent Drafting - The most important and most difficult part of the exam needed a special dedicated book. This book covers it all - Patent drafting, claim writing, complete specification writing for different industries and types of intellectual property.

5) Previous Years Papers and Solutions

6) Viva Voice - First time a book on what to expect in the viva of Patent Agent Exam and how to prepare for it. Panel who will be taking your viva are seasoned patent examiner, controllers and professionals. If you do not qualify in the viva, your paper 1 and paper 2 answers will not even be checked and scored. 

7) Quick Notes: This is a book consisting of all the chapters and topics for Patent Agent Exam in the from of slides (4 Slides per page) and is very helpful just before the exam to revise the entire syllabus in a few minutes time.

To buy these books enroll your self into one of the Patent Agent Examination Preparation Courses offered by IIPTA (see https://www.iipta.com/ipr/patent-agent-examination-training ) as these books are not available separately.

Learning

10 Replies

Prasad Patwardhan (Techno-Legal professional)     01 July 2011

But when is the examination

chanderKant Tyagi (Consultant)     03 July 2011

exam will held in jan 2012... Am still not clear from where to get the prepration book for this exam...Institutes are charging to much for a fortnight course....i want to do self prepration if any one have idea about the same. kindly let me know

Regards

Chanderkant Tyagi

Sy.patents (Freelance)     04 July 2011

For paper-I Bare Act and Rules plus patent office manual should be more than sufficient. Also be thorough with PCT provisions. Paper-II will be a bit tricky. If you are already working in the filed of IPRs and have been reading lots of patents, then it shouldn’t be difficult. Otherwise you will be required to put in a great deal of efforts such as how to analyze invention and then draft claims. There are several intricate nuances when it comes to proper claim drafting.

Yes, private institutes are charging hell lot of money even for correspondence or weekly classes. I am not sure how these courses are structured, would they be enough? To me patent drafting requires considerable skills and cannot be learnt in few classroom sessions. However with proper guidance on basics of claim drafting, and ones own hard work it can be learnt.

Let me suggest you some alternatives other than these costly training institutes. They may not be as structured as the private training institutes, but they can certainly give you some basics and with your own efforts you can learn further.

National Institute of Intellectual Property Management – conducts short term training courses on patents (including drafting) and other forms of IP. It is a Govt of India institute to train people in IPR. Faculty includes IPO officials and guest faculties from law firms and industry. Fee is also reasonable. I highly recommend this.

I also remember National Institute of Science Communication and Information Resources conducting 5 days training program on patent drafting. Please check with them.

Following books can be of immense help to you. But they are extremely costly. If you are able to have access to them, it would be great.

Invention Analysis and Claiming;

How to write patent application and

Landis on mechanics of patent claim drafting

The last thing I recommend to you is download a patent from either USPTO or EPO or a PCT application and study the specification and claims carefully. Try to analyze how the patent attorney tried to claim the invention. After developing this understanding, download another patent and just read the descripttion and make an attempt to draft the claims. Compare your claims with the originals and you will know the difference between your analysis of the invention and the original drafter. It is time consuming but will help you in the long run. I have personally tried this approach and found it useful.

Between now and the next patent agent examination there is enough time for you to prepare well.I wish you good luck in your preparation

1 Like

Srinivas Jerripothula (Advocate)     19 July 2011

Thank you very much. This is the most useful information.

With Warm Regards

J. Srinivas

Advocate

AANYA dabce (student)     21 July 2011

thank you for the information

A (N/A)     08 August 2011

how do i noe abt the patent agent exam notification?

I want to apply 4 2012 so ven does d notice come and wat documents are required for the application?

Bala Kumaran D (Production Engineer)     23 August 2011

Sir, can indian patent agent work in abroad? and what are the essential skills required for a patent agent ?

PARAG (Patent (IP) Consultant)     19 October 2011

Please, find the attached details of the classroom training course.

Attached File : 100045 217768 26 patent agent exam 2012 training programme.doc downloaded: 744 times

tecmonk (DATA MANAGER)     02 November 2011

Thank you very much

for giving valuable information about patent agent exam preperation.

am expecting your suggestions regarding the job opportunity for patent agents(life scince related)  in India and abroad ?

am eagerly awaiting for your suggestions...

www.tecmonk.com

Surabhi (Lawyer)     02 May 2012

when is the patent agent exam, 2012? Is it over or still awaited?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register