LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

BISWAJIT MALLIK   24 June 2018

Past service counting and pay protection

Sir, I have joined as an Executive Assistant under Panchayat & Rural Development Department under West Bengal Govt. on 15.11.2011 with having Scale of Pay of Rs. 7100 – 37600, GP – 3600 through the Hooghly Zilla Parisad. Before getting this job I was an employee of University of Kalyani. My service tenure in the University of Kalyani was 26.10.2006 to 14.11.2011 as Junior Assistant which is fully controlled by West Bengal Higher Education Department. My last Pay Scale of University Job was 7200 – 25400, GP – 3300 and the Last Pay in Pay Band was 8900, Grade Pay – 3300 & the last Basic Pay as KU service was Rs. 12,200.00 only through seniority. It was mentioned in the Advertisement for the present post that the candidates serving under Govt. / Statutory body / Govt. undertaking have to inform their Head of the Office / Department in writing that they are applying for this post. Accordingly, I informed my Head of the Office in writing and before the interview my employer issued me a N.O.C. for appearing the same. Now my question is that: 1) can I get the benefit of pay protection in terms of rule 42A (5) of the W.B.S.R., Part-I? Because I had got at less Gross Salary than the last job’s gross salary since then. 2) Whether my past service will be counted for increment and other benefits in terms of rule 42A (1) of the W.B.S.R., Part-I?

Learning

1 Replies

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     24 June 2018

Kindly refer to your appointment letter which contains the terms & conditions including fixation of pay in present govt. service, this is very vital. Pay protection means protection of basic pay and not protection of gross salary .
The counting of past service is always related to the pensionary benefits and, does not always extend the benefits of protection of pay. It depends on the extant rules of the service concerned too.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register