LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anurag Tilak   01 January 2017

Passport renewal with new rules

Respected Sir/Madam, My passport got expired a year and a half back ( 2015). I had considered renewing it a few months back. It was in August'16 when I filled the online application for renewal. The main concern is related to "Marital Status". I got married in October 2012 but had been living separately from my spouse since February 2013. We are living separately and have not yet resorted to divorce. We are neither in touch with each other. When I applied for passport renewal in August'16, I had to arrange for Annexure K from a Tehsildar. When I approached the passport seva kendra in Ahmedabad with all the documents, the concerned verification officer had said " Separated cases are referred to the regional passport officer who has the final say". He also wrote " Separated Case" on the documents ( receipt)and returned them. With the fear of rejection, I did not approach the RPO at Ahmedabad. I am due for another appointment which I have to schedule. Now that the new rules have come into effect ( removal of Annexures), can I approach the passport seva kendra with the previous application printout without the documents ( Annexure) ( as 12 months validity is available after filling the form). As I am married but not divorced should I reapply with " Married" status or should I indicate "Separated" status. Does living away from each other also imply " Separation". Will the processing be done. I need a passport as I am losing out on important overseas assignments. Please advice

Learning

4 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     02 January 2017

Yes, you can.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     02 January 2017

You can apply freshly. Seperation court order is not there in your case it seems. So no need to mention seperation in my view.

thelawassist   12 January 2017

You should reapply with " Married" status.

M. MASUTTU ALI (Lawyer)     24 January 2017

you have remitted fee in aug 16. Your file will be remains open up to Aug 17.

You need not remit again. you have to approach RPO Ahmedabad.

Till you get a order from Court your marital status is "Married 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register