LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashish   30 July 2016

Passport renewal with marital status update

My passport is due for renewal. Along with renewal , marital status change is also to be updated with spouse's name. My wife has already got her passport updated after marriage with my name added in passport. She used Annexure-D for the same. The original copy of Annexure-D passport office kept with them. We do not have marriage certiificate.

Now when applying for renewal of passport for myself, would her passport be enough as a documentary evidence of marriage or I need to prepare Annexre-D afresh for me as well.

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)
Not a legal question. Matter of procedure to be clarified by passport office, brokers etc.

S Raut (Forensic Expert : IFS) (Forensic Court Commissioner)     31 July 2016

Any one marriage proof required: An attested copy of marriage certificate issued by Registrar of Marriage OR A joint affidavit from husband and wife along with a joint photograph, (Specimen at Annexure 'D') When joint affidavit is not possible the affidavit should indicate the reason for it.The change in the first name amounts to a substantial name change and the regular procedure for name change should apply. OR Affidavit as per Annexure K (for applicants who are unable to provide the prescribed marriage certificate or joint affidavit due to marital discord or separation)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register