Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

uday (General Manager - Accounts)     06 July 2012

Passport is refused

DEAR LEGAL EXPERTS,

MY SISTER GOT MARRIED IN SOUTH AFRICA AND COULD NOT GET ALONG WITH HER HUSBAND WELL. HER HUSBAND STOLE HER PASSPORT AND MISPLACED IT. MY SISTER AVAILED EMERGENCY TRAVEL DOCUMENT AND TRAVELLED BACK TO INDIA WITH THE DAUGHTER. 

SHE APPLIED FOR A NEW PASSPORT BUT WAS REFUSED ON THE BASIS THAT DIVORCE IS REQUIRED BEFORE ISSUANCE OF NEW PASSPORT.

THE HUSBAND IS NOT WILLING TO GIVE DIVORCE AS HE WANTS TO HARRASS MY SISTER.

WHAT COULD BE DONE ON SUCH A SITUATION? PLEASE GUIDE.

PANDYA

Learning

4 Replies

Hemang (Advocate)     07 July 2012

Do it as directed by the authorities. File a petition for divorce. Divorce may be granted depending upon the facts of the case and irrespective of whether your brother in law desires or not. It is for the court to exercise the sound discretion and taking into account the facts and circumstances. 

Adv Rohit Dalmia 9324538481 (Lawyer)     07 July 2012

Dear Uday,

Your sister needs to file a petition for divorce on the valid grounds which could be either due to physical abuse, mental harrasment etc.

Kindly seek the legal opinion.

You may contact on 9324538481 for further assistance.

Zulfiqar Ali Khan (Advocate)     12 July 2012

Dear Legal Fraternity Brothers

Dear Sir

I need your advise on the subject. One person approched me holding two passport on two different name. when he comes to know after getting passport on his original name. That it is an offence. He goes and voluentry immediately surrenders to the passport officer both the Passports. Earlier passport was on the name of some other person but photo was this person and travelled more than 5 to 6 europien countries. No adverse report against this this person from those countries where he travelled as enquery conducted by different investigation agencies. From his home state also after S.P investigation report no adverse remark against him. In this matter what should be done and what can be done and what punishment can be for issuing a passport to him. Please advise

Thanks

Dr. Zulfiqar Ali Khan

Advocate, MB: 9884102961 , zulfiqar1971@gmail.com

Jayendra Sevada (Advocate)     24 July 2012

Dear Uday,

There are many legal ways to do it.. All you need is a right approach towards the cause. You may seek further assistance from me.

Call me +91-9717011717

Best Regards,

Jayendra Sevada

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register