Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ishaanth   02 October 2016

Passport for separated but not divorced mother and her kid

Hello All-

Please advise me on the following queries

1)passport for single mother and her kid (8Yrs): My sister's appearing for 498 case along with maintenece case and she didnot file for divorce yet. I wanted to apply for a passport for her and her kid. The followng documents are required,

For single mother: 

AFFIDAVIT TO BE SWORN BEFORE THE FIRST CLASS JUDICIAL MAGISTRATE OR THE EXECUTIVE MAGISTRATE ON NONJUDICIAL STAMP PAPER FOR ISSUE OR RE-ISSUE OF PASSPORT BY THE MARRIED APPLICANTS WHO ARE UNABLE TO PROVIDE THE PRESCRIBED MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE OR JOINT PHOTO AFFIDAVIT WITH SPOUSE DUE TO MARITAL DISCORD/SEPARATION WITHOUT FORMAL DECREE OF DIVORCE ISSUED BY THE COURT OR DUE TO TOTAL DESERTION BY THE SPOUSE.

Where to get the above said affidavit? Should it be with ony by the magistrate or can it be done elsewhere?

Do I need to get at the same judge where this case is been going on?

Will the judge be ready to provide such certificate on request?

Does it have any impact on judgement of maintance for asking such kind of document for passport application?

2)Applying passport for parents: The surname in my parents identity documents issued by govt. of India is mismatching with my document by a single letter. Such as, my parents surname is "aakula" and mine in my passport is "akula". Do we need to submit any document for a very montor change in their name? 

do we need to submit any affidavit for this?

Please do suggest the required documentation for above queries.

Also I would appreciate comments/suggestions  from anyone who has gone through similar situtaions.

Thanks in advance.

Learning

1 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     03 October 2016

U need to do affidavit on Rs. 100 stamp stating the fact before the competant authority. If u want then PM me.

If u like my solution then will u give THANK on my profile for it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register