LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajib (Software Engg.)     20 December 2016

Passport for adopted child

We have adopted a one month old boy child from a couple who already has two child. We are in the process of getting our adoption deed registered in Sub register and also the birth certificate from the municipality having our name endorsed as parents. I also initiated the court petition but the problem is that I will have to travel to US for two years and I want my child and wife to be with me. But as you all know that the passport authority needs a court order which in our case will take some time and not possible to get before I leave for US. Now my questions are…

1. Can I apply for my child passport without disclosing that he is an adopted child. The reason being we have the birth certificate with our name as parents and I saw many couple did the same as per this forum.

Learning

1 Replies

whatnot   21 December 2016

You are at the verge of doing a good deed to a child. Why base it false documentation?

GO with document proff to Sub registrar office and plead your case.

This forum suggests what within law. Alternative to law is something that you would do it if all other things fail! with few people knowing!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register