Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anil (SE)     21 November 2009

Passport delay

Hi,

Obtaining a passport these days is taking ages inHyderbad.My Passport got damaged and I tokk online TATKAL appointment .I got the apointment for 16th of Nov .I have submitted allmy documents on that day in Passport Office,Hyderbad.

In the RPO Hyderbad website , they mentioned that passort canbe delivered within 7 days  with TATKAL scheme . What actions can we take if the passport is not dispatched within the specified time frame ?

They are not updating the status online also properly.Customercare numbers are always busy !!!

Thanks & Regards, Anil

Learning

7 Replies

(Guest)

Mr.Anil you are wrong. I appreciate RPO. Before issuance of Passport in Hyderabad they are inquiring thoroughly about the applicant. Then issuing the passport.

Khaleel Ahmed (Legal Advisor)     21 November 2009

You are advised hereby, send on line request in this regard to RPO.

Hi Khaleel,

Thanks foryour response. How can send online request to RPO ? Please provide me the  link if  you have

Thanks, Anil

Hi Prakash,

I have applied for the damaged passport and I feel the process for this is different fromaplying new passport.

What does i mean by "inquiring thoroughly "?Police enquiry ? Formy knowledge, For Tatkal applicants , they will isuue passport first and then they will do the police enquiry.Please correct me if I am wrong.

I appreciate if thet really do the verification properly. At the same time they are charging Rs5000 for issuing the passport quickly.But still its taking 30-40 days to obtain the passport in Tatkal.

Regards,Anil

(Guest)

Anil ji,

In recent times in Hyderabad PRO is following  stringent rules due to Hyderabad is becomming hub for ......... attacks. Even Tatkal also they are taking time. In this case you have to go get NOC from Superintendent of Police of your jursidiction for quick processing of your passport.

(Guest)

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     21 November 2009

Why are you making so he and cry just for delay of only 2/3 days which are common in procedure. It is easy to abuse any system but difficult to maintain it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register