LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mridula WS (dr)     29 March 2015

Passport changing particulars

Dear Sir, My passport is issued in 2007 and will be expired in 2017. I was abroad during past 6 years for studies. My studies are finished and I am residing now at my hometown in Cochin. I have to change few details in my passport before I am leaving for a job in few months time. Changing these details while staying abroad in another visa was a cumbersome task and I opt to wait until I am done with my studies and back my home. The following are the changes I need to make in my passport. 1. Bifurcating given name XXXXYYYYYY into First name XXXXX and Family name YYYYY. 2. Changing place of Birth - to make it as same as mentioned in my Birth certificate. I was born before 1989 and when I filled in my passport application form, I mistook my native place which was written in my SSLC name as my place of birth. After getting a BC in 2009, I came to know that I am mistaken. Both places (place of birth and native place (present place of birth mentioned in my passport) is in same state and in same district. 3. Change of address- We recently moved to a new village in the same district. 4. Addition of Spouse name - recently got married. Can I change all these particulars at the same time? What are the documents needed to change my place of birth (As I read in passport office website that if both places are in the same state, there is no need for a court statement)?

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 April 2015

You can get the details in the same website of the passport authority.  Except for adding the spouse name, the other details can be changed at the time of renewing your passport, however you can clarify the issues from passport office also in person.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     03 April 2015

it seems totally your present pass port details have to be changed and for that all relevant details and a affidavit why you have submitted wrong date of birth first

better to approach in person near your place passport office and enquire because all the information will be done neary by document writer who will help you if you provide them the relevant documents

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register