Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manhar   19 October 2016

Passport and visa application

Dear Sir,

I was convicted for a road accident last year  under IPC 279 and 338. After paying the compensation to the complainant the judge charged me for offences under 279 - 3 days simple imprisonment or fine of Rs 100 ; for 338 - 3 days simple immprosentment or Rs 100 fine. I paid both thefines amounting to Rs 200 and the case is closed but I was convicted.

Now I wish to apply for Passport , Do i have to mention that I have a criminal record ?

Can the Police refuse passport due to criminal background?

I am also planning to visit USA , Will I have Visa related issues beacuse of the conviction.

Please advise.Thank you

Learning

7 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     20 October 2016

First apply and explore , one can not anticipate of what VISA people can tell.   Even without criminal conviction, they have a right to deny VISA.   There are thousands of cases, where convicts were given passports and Visas.  So, proceed through a reputed agency for passport, as they can convince the authoriies with their relationship and connections.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     20 October 2016

You were convicted for causing road acident  but let off  with a light fine of Rs.200. So  you didn't spend  a considerble time in prison or even 1 day in prison.This is a minor traffic offence. So Don't worry. Your Pssport will be issued because you dont have  a criminal record or no criminal cases are pedning aginst you of serious nature. Same with VISA of USA. You can  go to US without any issues or hassles with your VISA.If you appreciate this answer please  click the thank you button on this forum.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     20 October 2016

You were convixcted for causing road acident  but let off  with a light fine of Rs.200. So  you didn't spend  a considerble time in prison or even 1 day in prison.This is a minor traffic offence. So Don't worry. Your Passport will be issued because you dont have  a criminal record or no criminal cases are pending against you of serious nature. Same with VISA of USA. You can  go to US without any issues or hassles with your VISA.If you appreciate this answer please  click the thank you button on this forum.

manish (hhh)     21 October 2016

Thank You Very Much Ms.Usha Kapoor & G.L.N. Prasad . Do I have to mention that I have Record While filling the Passport application Form.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     21 October 2016

You jusyt say for a minor traffic  offence you were sentenced to fine of Rs.200 and after payment was let off.Please click thank you buton on this forum.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     21 October 2016

You just say for a minor traffic  offence you were sentenced to fine of Rs.200 and after payment was let off.Please click thank you buton on this forum.

Raj MB   01 May 2018

Dear Sir / Madam,

Last year I caused an accident, police registered a case with IPC 279, I paid 1000Rs fine in court, now I am applying for Singapore tourist Visa there is a clause to declare.

Have you had any criminal convictions in last 5 years?

Please advise me, can I say yes. if so what explanation can I give ?

Regards

Raj

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register