LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vaishnav   31 October 2017

Partition of property related

Dear experts, Kindly clarify my doubt here. A property of land in Tamil nadu owned by my grandfather have four sons and two daughters, who are my dad, uncles (Elder and younger brothers of my father), and my aunts. This land is in the name of my grandfather now and he is no more. This has been inherited from great grand father or great grand mother whose original aquisition is not known. However, this land got partioned on 1970 with his brother (Between my grandfather and younger grandfather). Now I have a will written by my grandfather's father in 1971 that the lands should be partitioned only along with male grandsons. ie., my father and uncles. Could you please clarify me will this will speaks now as my aunts are demanding this land since they are not ready to accept they have been vested with lots of dowries at the time of their marriage on 1977 where my fathers are not vested like to be so.

Learning

4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     01 November 2017

Contact advocate and show the will and it's enforceability.

Vaishnav   01 November 2017

Sure sir! Thank you.

Vikas Hedau (Advocate)     01 November 2017

your grandfather's "Will" of 1971 is illegal as per law as it does not disclose name of any beneficiary, and will is also inconsistent in itself , they will get their shares as per law

Vaishnav   01 November 2017

Will contains the names of male grandsons (Beneficiaries).

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register