LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

donygeorge   06 April 2015

Partition of property of father

My father inherited 4.5 acres of family land from his father when me and my brother was small. 7 years back he sold all that land with our house and bought a new house at a far place and 1.4 acres of land in another place. Non of this land is yielding and for the past 2.5 years i have been maintaining my family using my salary. Now for my marriage i asked my father to give me my share of property. My father is a heavy drunk man and so he is planning to sell the property for money he owe to others. So me, my brother and my mother asked him to give us our share so that he only can sell his part of share. My brother and mother also told him to give their share also to me. Is there any issues in me asking for the share?. Am i entitled to the share of his property?. He have no income till yet other than from the money he got from selling the 4.5 acres of old inherited property. He is 57 years old now. Please help us with this. Please guide us so that we can save our property.

Are we entitled a share in his new property. He have sold the ancestral property and bought this one from that money.

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 April 2015

The succession and rights of successors is decided as per Personal laws applicable e.g. Hindu,Christians

You may show all docs on record to a lawyer well versed with state laws dealing in civil/revenue/family/property matters and file for partition.

Nathaniel Peter (M.Sc (C.S))     08 April 2015

Can parents be punished for domestic violence like harassing their kids? My father never cares for my job or for my marriage. On top my relatives give killing threats to steal the share of my mom's property as the property goes to me after they expire. Is there any online customer care number or online chat dealing with court issues just like we have matrimonial sites, mobile network customer care. Is there any Supreme court customer care ? Can anyone tell me when we call to Police 100 for serious matters will they fix the  property issue or will they ask us to visit court ? 

Nathaniel Peter (M.Sc (C.S))     08 April 2015

Creating a Supreme court customer care is better than a fake fortune teller but a Time traveller is a genius. Here donygeorge worries about his share on ancestral property from a drunken father. The answer is to visit a lawyer and file a petition. Now the property is not in his name nor my parents property is not in my name. So how can we visit the lawyer when his and my parents got the documents and they are careless to think about their children's marriage, job, dividing the property. Can I/we go to High Court with empty hand. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register