LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajiv Khanna (As General Manager from SAIL New Delhi)     17 October 2012

Partition of joint property

We have a leasehold property in Noida which was owened and built by my father . On his demise, the property as been mutated in joint name with my sister in law. I am occupying the ground floor of the house and my sister in law is on identically built First Floor. The mutation of the plot is in joint names

I want to sell my holding and move out for independent living.Can I sell my holding without the concent of the other party?

Learning

3 Replies

S Jadhav 98336 98330 (Jadhav & Associates)     17 October 2012

You will have to study the lease agreement. Also, is there a problem in discussing the issue with your sister-in-law?

Many times, there are issues in selling rights such as yours on an undivided plot of land and it is better to talk to other joint owners.

If you have aproblem, you can still sell your share if the buyer has no problem in buying  the same. Any issues will have to be faced by him as you would have received your consideration.

S Jadhav

Rajiv Khanna (As General Manager from SAIL New Delhi)     17 October 2012

No, there is no problem in dicussing and it has been discussed. I just wanted a clarification on legality of selling a part of the joint holding

Advocate Upadhyay (partner)     17 October 2012

Please approach a advocate and file suit for partition  . Also u need to get that property transferred in u r name to sell the property.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register