Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashish Singla 098140 76600 (Cheque Victim's Lawyer. LUDHIANA (PB))     02 August 2016

Part payment in notice period....

Hi Experts...

One accused make part payment during the 15 days of statutory legal notice issued by comlainant, but complaint is filed with full cheque amount.

What is the fate of cheque bounce case...

Thanks..

Learning

7 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     02 August 2016

When the complaint proceedings are going on, the part payment confirms the complainant's assertion, and it is for the Judge to decide on full payment within a prescribed period and further punishment.  Hope even before it ends, complainant gets full payment and may even withdraw..  Fate of a case which is already filed has to be decided by Judge and the opinions of others hardly counts.

MARU ADVOCATE (simple solutions for criminal legal problems -- yourpunch@gmail.com)     02 August 2016

you have been posting many problems but never sated the final results after getting so many opinions.

In this case pl tell if you are accused or complaiant.

Ashish Singla 098140 76600 (Cheque Victim's Lawyer. LUDHIANA (PB))     02 August 2016

I represent accused in this case...

Mr. Maru, 

I never found any satisfactory solution on this forum in general. 

Your Post : How does it make difference that i am representing whom? What law says that is important. Pl tell the exact law.

Mr. Parsad Post : If you get something, pl get me understand.

Thanks..

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     03 August 2016

Query is slightly unclear

R Trivedi (advocate.dma@gmail.com)     17 August 2016

Query is not unclear, this often happens. This may show the acceptance and intent of accused. Couple of things... 1. On the first appearance, the accused should express his desire to clear the balance payment...the court will grant him couple of dates, and matter will be closed compounded. Best course of action. 2. Accused can agitate that whatever was due, he has honestly paid and further demand by complainant is bad. The case proceeds, and accused may be required to give evidence why cheque was of higher amount.

Shekhar (Proprietor)     28 August 2016

The case for cheque amount will not be there, hence Will be acquitted. However, you have to establish that you do not have the liability of cheque amount during your evidence.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register