LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar Kumar (owner)     25 March 2017

Pagdi tenant on compensation receipt - now encroachment

I am a Landlord of a 50 year old building in Mumbai.

Inside building I have 16 tenants who live in proper rooms. They pay rent as per old pagdi system and live peacefully.

There are 3 sheds, outside of building but within my compound . Till  years back we used to give compensation receipt . These sheds are not in BMC plan but are regularised in BMC records  

Last 4 years I have stopped accepting compensation money from these sheds because originally it was given to servants and now their 3rd generation lives and openly challenges us that they will not leave. We have given advocate notices but not yet done legal case.

Building is in very bad condition . I have already done structural audit from BMC authorised person and given copy to all pagdi tenants that building is in danger . I have also given copy to Police, Fire Department.

These sheds are living free now and not leaving. When I try to discuss they say they will not leave. What should I do sir. Should I do legal case. Will decision be in my favour ? Because f these 3 sheds ( total 400 sq ft ) , no builder is ready to do deal. 

Learning

3 Replies

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     26 March 2017

Sir, The sheds are unauthorised since they are not sanctioned in the building plan, you can ask the Municipal Corporation to demolish the unauthorised sheds. There is no better alternative. Good luck, Kishor Mehta

Kumar Kumar (owner)     26 March 2017

Sir ... which BMC office should i go and complaint ?

Kumar Kumar (owner)     26 March 2017

Sir ... which BMC office should i go and complaint ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register