LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Wilfred (Service)     22 December 2014

Pagdi system house division in mumbai

My mother was living with my dad and my brother in a 1 BHK Pagdi house in Sion, Mumbai. She expired 4 years back, and has left behind an inherited (from her mother) plot of land in Manglore, Karnataka and the 1 BHK pagdi house in Sion.

My brother knew that the building was going for redevelopment, and as soon as my Mother died, immediately got the house name changed to his name through the landlord, and had given us his siblings the reason that he did that because Dad cannot run around much, and because Dads knowledge of English is less, and he may even sign of on a blank paper and sell of the property unknowingly. We had agreed then, thinking everything would be alright.

Fights seem to have erupted between my brother and my dad in that last 3 years, and I know that he along with my other siblings were planning to put my dad in an aged home, so as to give the whole house to my brother. My dad does not want to go to an aged house, as he still works as a driver to a family, and earns his small income. He blames us, that because we agreed to put the house in my brothers name, he has nothing to fall back, or ask for a division in the Sion property. I feel bad and want to take some corrective steps, so please help me with what should be done.

1) Shall I approach the Landlord, and request him to add Dads name to the 1 bhk pagdi house, as the earlier rent receipts use to come in his name, when mum was still alive.(This step may help him to get either the whole or equal ownership of the flat after redevelopment.)

2) The plot in Manglore is still in the name of my Mum, as we neglected to get the name changed yet. Recently seeing my fathers plight, I asked for the Manglore plot to be sold and to be shared equally among my siblings and my father. My siblings think very low of our dad and hate him to the extent of punishing him, and are completely against sharing anything with our Dad. I however have decided to see that he gets his share in both properties.

Please advise what should be done.

Thank you and have a nice day,

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register