Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

VADDADI NAGARAJU (SECRETARY TO UNIT HEAD)     17 March 2011

PROPERTY

Dear Mr / Mrs.

I am Hindu.  My father expired in feb'11.  We have 2 brothers & 2 sisters, sisters already married and well settled.  Father had one own house (self-acquired on his own earnings).  Is sisters have any right on his property, as he made a WILL and registered with comments that "the property should be shared within sons after expiry of his wife, till then the house is remain under heirs of his wife, till her wife expires either sons can sale or demolish but can rennovate".  After father's expiry, now we are trying to obtain legal heir certificate on mother's name.  In the meanwhile, Brother-in-law of sons i.e.husband of elder daughter of the deceased saying that the property should be shared in 4 parts, as much as sons have the right on property, daughters also having.  Is it right?  what is your comment?

Regards

Nagaraju 

Learning

4 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     17 March 2011

your father self acquired property so as per will the deceased wif and sons only have rights the property.

VADDADI NAGARAJU (SECRETARY TO UNIT HEAD)     17 March 2011

Thank u very much Mr Ali.

But I have some more doubts on this issue.  As per revised Hindu Act sons & daughters are having equal rights if the property is so self acquired by the deceased. 

Please throw a light on the above.

Regards

nagaraju

Darshan Panchal (Advocate)     17 March 2011

as per amendment effected in Hindu Law, femal members are now equal co-parceners in hindu united family even after marriage. However, it is qua only HUF properties and not self acquired properties. Suppose u owned self acquired property, u could dispose it off in the manner u wished. so in case of ur father's self acquired property, ur sisters do not have any right nor can they claim any right.

Mary M   23 March 2020

Your brother in law is right in property your sisters have the part as well as you have but not equally you will get double and they will get half. So please don’t remove the name of your sisters from the property it would be wrong. I suggest cheapestessay.com updates to everyone.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register