LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

narayan   26 March 2017

PIL against Traffic Police in Bangalore

In about 100 police stations in Bangalore urban, the traffic police have encroached on foot-path and Road area by parking dozens of confiscated vehicles. Do the Traffic police have rights to encroach road n foot path without permission from civic authorities ? It is proposed to file a PILin The High Court of Karnataka vide Art-226 to evict thousands of illegally parked vehicles. Please GUIDE.

Learning

16 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : narayan
In about 100 police stations in Bangalore urban, the traffic police have encroached on foot-path and Road area by parking dozens of confiscated vehicles. Do the Traffic police have rights to encroach road n foot path without permission from civic authorities ? It is proposed to file a PILin The High Court of Karnataka vide Art-226 to evict thousands of illegally parked vehicles. Please GUIDE.

Where do you propose to keep the seized vehicles? As a citizen of this country are you so law abiding that your vehicle was never caught for parking in a NO PARKING ZONE?  All such vehicles are not kept permanently, but only for few days until they are taken back by people like you whose vehicle has been seized for parking in NO PARKING AREA.  It is for people to become aware of traffic rules and not violate them, so that these footpaths should not be encroached by traffic police.  This will be a futile exercise.  SC has already charged many people who came up with idiotic PILs by way of imposing fine for wasting court time. 

https://indianexpress.com/article/business/companies/supreme-court-fines-3-firms-rs-25l-each-for-loss-of-judicial-time-2761384/

1 Like

Dr. Atul [9013898936] (Lawyer, Scholar)     26 March 2017

Write to Bangalore Traffic Police and BBMP ... maybe, just maybe you might think about something thereafter.

narayan   26 March 2017

Gentlemen, My Namaskarms to the Learned Legal Luminaries n seniors. I have been keenly watching n observing these ENCROACHMENTS for more tan FIVE years and I have lots of Photos abt this. In Upparpet police Stn, they have created an illegal Shed to park several vehicles. As a solution, the police may construct a Huge shed at some 20 to 30 kms outside the city and shift these vehicles. I have seen vehicles RUSTING for several years and PLANTS growing on top of the vehicles. This is a Great Disaster n Loss of Property by Negligence. This is Gross NEGLIGENCE of the administration and I took this to the notice of Addl Commissioner of Police too in vien....!!!

narayan   26 March 2017

Gentlemen, My Namaskarms to the Learned Legal Luminaries n seniors. I have been keenly watching n observing these ENCROACHMENTS for more tan FIVE years and I have lots of Photos abt this. In Upparpet police Stn, they have created an illegal Shed to park several vehicles. As a solution, the police may construct a Huge shed at some 20 to 30 kms outside the city and shift these vehicles. I have seen vehicles RUSTING for several years and PLANTS growing on top of the vehicles. This is a Great Disaster n Loss of Property by Negligence. This is Gross NEGLIGENCE of the administration and I took this to the notice of Addl Commissioner of Police too in vien....!!!

narayan   26 March 2017

narayan   26 March 2017

narayan   26 March 2017

narayan   26 March 2017

narayan   26 March 2017

narayan   26 March 2017

narayan   26 March 2017

Sorry...I apologise for repeatition

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     26 March 2017

ask under RTI Act to Traffic police officials under what prov of law are they authorised to keep the seized vehicle on footpath.

(Guest)

For small city like Bangalore you are telling like this.  Do you know what is state of affairs in bigger cities?  Instead of complaining.  Think of following traffic rules and not pose a headache to traffic police by parking in No parking zones.  The no parking zones vehicles are the biggest headache for traffic police.  Think and behave like a responsible citizen of this country. OR else to file PIL you dont have any problems.  File it.  But be ready to face consequences also.  This is not small matter.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register