LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

prof s c pratihar (medical practitioner &legal studies)     20 October 2008

PARKINSON'S LAW---quote from observation of an eminent jurist

delay in civil litigation---"To my mind ,the solution is very simple.see that the men you appoint are of proper ones.Find Judges with an alert and active mind  what is more important , Pay the Judges better,give them betterpension and enforce better conditions of service.The usual solution put forward is to  increase the number of Judges.But if the men selected are not really competent ,Parkinson's law willcome into playt.he more the Judges ,the greater will be the load of work"

Learning

9 Replies

K.C.Suresh (Advocate)     20 October 2008

Sir Prof.

It is true a "want to take rest after getting a job in the government service"

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     20 October 2008

Dear Dr, Grateful if you kindly let me know what is parkinson's law?

prof s c pratihar (medical practitioner &legal studies)     21 October 2008

in medical science--slow speech. slow walk, micrographia means gradual small letters in writing--- parkinson's disease due to pathology in brain, calcification of ventriculolateral nucleus of thalamus.so far judicial law is concerned  kindly go through M>C>Chagla    J--Roses in dec (1973)p.127. --see alsokumar padam prasad vs union of india  AIR1992SC1213  .  MAHAKAVI BACHANATH PANCHAMI----MEANS TOLD BY KALIDAS SO IT IS TRUE.written by Chagla J in this context and mentioned as parkinson's law . this much i understood and nothing more.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     21 October 2008

Thank you dr for the information.

ca.bhupendrashah (FCADISA)     21 October 2008

Even Arbitration is going same way !

Rajan Salvi (Lawyer)     21 October 2008

Delay in civil litigation can be curbed with some procedural changes in law. It should start within lawyers oriented  system of fixing next date. the fudal concept of judge giving the dates at his discretion whims and fancies. should stop. computerissation of the entire court admisnistration shall be most useful to achieve the same. The  computers in the courts can records each and every appointment of the advocates appearing in the matter at glance and then with consensus of the advocates appearing in the matter  a date along with fixed time to appear in the matter can be alloted. No adjournments then unless for any extraneous circumstances

prof s c pratihar (medical practitioner &legal studies)     23 October 2008

.sir,

your sugessions are true above truth.lawmakers must be informed about the subject matter as assessed and advised by a sr practising advocate.further change of civil code is a n absolute necessity with its present perspectives.

Rajan Salvi (Lawyer)     24 October 2008

Sirf adjournment application per Rs 100/- ka tickat krado. Sab asaan ho jayega. Lekin ek bat dhyan me rahe. 'Court busy in part heard matters' ke bare me kya kiya jaye.

Make it compulsory that before hearing stage, wrtitten arguments alongwith citations will be filed.

All steps should be time bound.

All opportunities should be limited to 3, with a minimum of 15 days between each date.

prof s c pratihar (medical practitioner &legal studies)     09 November 2008

excellent, thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register