LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Peter Rajan (Not Applicable)     18 September 2014

Ownership dispute on poramboke land

Respected Law Practitioners, My friend is facing a problem with a dispute regarding the ownership of a Poramboke land. The dispute related information is given below in points to make it easier. I will call my friend as John and the opponent party as Michael to make the points clear. 1. John had a poramboke land which was given to him by a collector's order to build a house for himself around 30 years back. he was paying the land tax for the first four years. 2. But John did not have enough money to build a house there and left the land to his friend Michael without any agreements. 3. Now Michael had built a house in that land for himself around 20 years back and he has been living there with his family. 4. Michael has been paying all his property tax, water tax and electricity bill for this house for the said 20 years. 5. Today John wants to build a house for himself in that land and asked Michael to give him the land. 6. Now Michael says that the land is his, since he has been living there for 20 years with proper documents such as property tax and water tax on his name. Is it possible for John to file a case in court with the collector's order and the land tax bills for the first 4 years and win the case? Please provide your thoughts whether John can put up his money on this case. Thanks!

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register