Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajendran R (Retired teacher)     24 July 2015

Ownership by heir

dear sir,

My grandfather passedaway before 1978.He had two children. myfather and one aunt.she also passedaway 18years ago around 1996.By mistake her name was added to patta along with my dad's name around 1984. My grandfather didnot write any document on her.My aunt got marrired and lived with her husband around from 1960 itself.Is it possible to get her name removed from patta and A register without getting signatures of her heirs?  

Learning

2 Replies

MOHANASUNDARAM (ADVOCATE)     24 July 2015

if your grandfather make any document in favour of your father . approach local tashildar for removed her name . without her heirs you will be sale

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 February 2016

Your aunt being one of the legal heirs of your grandfather who died intestate, it is legal to have her name in the patta and this will be called as  joint patta. Now since she is no more her own legal heirs can be added to the patta by deleting her name by producing her death certificate and an application to this effect. Your grandfather died intestate, hence his properties shall automatically devolve on all his legal heirs/successors in interest. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register