LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vijaya (student)     10 December 2016

Owners harassment

Hi Good Day!I recently vacated the house and handed over the keys to concerned person whom the owner said to.but now he says that there should be another set of key and demanding to pay amount of 2000 rupees for key and he is threatening me saying that if any things in that house are lost I am liable for it.he is speaking horribly that I have a lot of houses to move as baggage having lots of curries please give your valuable suggestions

Learning

8 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     10 December 2016

This is more a personal issue and depends if any on such agreement in writing about such.  For harassment, we can not guide any thing.  If he has not given additional set, just reply him through registered post in wriing that duplicate set was not delivered at the time of giving possession and deny his allegations and ask him further not to disturb you with such calls / letters.  If owner has to repay the advance demand such advance refund within 15 days.  At this stage except denial, you have got no other option.  If there are really duplicate set, compensate it as it is fair demand and justified.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 December 2016

Gently ask him to replace the lock if he wants.

In future let the owner state in writign if another person has to come for handover and handover with list of items under proper acknowledgment.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     11 December 2016

Hi Vijaya,

How did you occupy/possess the premises i.e., as tenant, co-owner, licenced or any other manner? Your eviction has been a court order or any other mode?

You should sincerely declare that you do not possess duplicate keys, if you do not have them, otherwise hand them over to the owner . Once the keys (possession) has been handed over you are expected to be away from the premises.

Is there any sort of dispute in instant fabricated situation to be opined and advised?

Addressing the experts should be respectful and not in a formal (friendly) manner as you have, mend yourself.

vijaya (student)     11 December 2016

To Dr J C Vashista, Sir ,Thanks a lot for the reply and will definitely follow your valuable suggestion. Thank you Vijaya

To Dr J C Vashista, Sir ,Thanks a lot for the reply and will definitely follow your valuable suggestion. Thank you Vijaya

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register