Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajan Singh (Manager)     17 August 2015

Owner rights w.r.t rent out property

Hi,

I need some advice wrt to owner rights on rented property.

We had a commerical office space at South Delhi which is being rented out about 8 months back.

About a month back we started getting calls and came to know the company to whom property was rented out had eloped by duping many people and taking there money and documents on the pretext of sending them to aborad.

We havent received rent from the tenant for 3 months as whenever we went to office the premises was locked and on contacting tenent he always kept on giving further dates and eventually his phone become unreachable.

The affected parties lauched complaint with the police.

We had sent a registered letter to tenent occupied premises which is also come back and now we have informed police also.

Now police is not allowing us to open the premises, they are saying some video recording is to be done and there is also indirect demand of some money.

What are my rights being the owner of property. as i understand the contract stands null / void as rent is not paid by its occupant. So do we have the right to open the premises or wait for police action.

How much time all this is going to take and why money is being asked , are we suppose to pay any expenses?

Can we open the premises in the presence of some people and make  a memo of any tenant articles found there.

Please advice !

Learning

2 Replies

Adv Rohit Dalmia 9324538481 (Lawyer)     17 August 2015

you need to open the premises before the police authorities only as they might be looking for evidence to collect gainst the accused which might get tempered with if you open the premises without their consent and before they complete their investigation of the locekd premises.

You may write a letter to them asking to expedite the process of investigation of the locked premises with a copy marked to the ACP, DCP of the Zone.

saravanan s (legal advisor)     17 August 2015

dont attempt to break open the locks which the tenant had put on the premises without police presence.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register