Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raja   21 December 2016

One flat owner prevents the use of common facilities

Dear members,

I am one of the owners of an 5-flats-apartment-block in Chennai but currently living abroad. My parents are residing in my flat. My next door neigbour is rouge person who never gets along with any of the other owners/tenants. He is very foul-mouthed and no one in the apartment is willing to stand up to him fearing dirty back clash. This rouge owner has virtually taken control of the sump motor pump at the common sump tank which is the sole source of water supply and prevents others from using water supply. If others tried to switch on the motor, he turns it off. We are like being at his mercy to use this common facility. We have ahd fewer meetings on this issue and he appeared to accept that anyone can use the motors at anytime. But he is not willing to walk the talk.

I understand there's a law (The Tamilnadu Apartment Ownership Act, 1994) that governs the apratment ownership which if I am right every apartment owner in Tamilnadu is bound by. As far as I have read this, my neighbour is in clear violation of the provisions of this law. But I could not see clearly what is the remedy for us? Who should I/we approach? Greatly appreciate your opinons.

Thanks.

Raja

Learning

1 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     21 December 2016

Make police complaint against the tenant for public nusiance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register