LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sandeep Singh   17 May 2016

One Time Settlement of Education Loan

Dear Sir, I have taken education loan of 3.8 lacs from SBI in 2008 for aircraft maintenance engineering. After completion of moratorium period in june2012, I repayed 2.1 lacs in one time meanwhile I was repaying the interest only. For 2 years didn't pay anything. Once I got the job and started some savings, I started repaying the EMIs from 2015 onwards. Now my account is in positive status as in recent months I have paid some 8 months EMIs in one time. Also I keep on repaying every month interest at regular basis. Total amount repaid till date is approximately more than 5 lacs including interest. Current total outstanding is 1.5 lacs, and if I continue to pay EMIs for 18 months @8832/-PM then it will be settled finally. But now I want to leave this job and planning to continue further studies so I will not be able to pay EMIs. My question is that in this type of Positive account status, is there any posibilty of one time settlement to close the loan? As i can pay upto 50-60 thousand for one time settlement, if there is such possibility. Kindly advise.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register