LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anup shukla   19 July 2017

Old age parents self owned propperty

My father has self owned propperty...and the propperty is on my mother name....my brother and his wife stay seprately on first floor..they started mis behaving with old patents and filled cases of dowery and domestic voilence against them...my parents want to vaccate from him...is it possible...can u suugest me which is the best simple and fast proccedure.....do the son and daughter has their right on my father self owned propperty..

Learning

11 Replies

Raveena Kataria (Advocate )     19 July 2017

No, to make it clear, the son doesn't have any right to a share in his father's self-acquired property i.e. property which was purchased by the father during the liftime of such son; using his own funds/efforts without causing deterrence to the ancestral property.

The Delhi HC also ruled last year that "a son, irrespective of his marital status, has no legal right to live in the self-acquired house of his parents and can reside there only at their mercy."

The parents in this case can file a petition in the nearest district court for the eviction of their son and his wife from their rightful premises.

If the parents file the evection case..does the cases that daughter in law has filled 498a and domestic voilence it will create any mis issue in the case of evection..2- if the son leaves his job or he show he jobless in that case my parents still have right to evict it..or they are elligible for maintenanceplz guide me sir..thank you for ur time ...

If the parents file the evection case..does the cases that daughter in law has filled 498a and domestic voilence it will create any mis issue in the case of evection..2- if the son leaves his job or he show he jobless in that case my parents still have right to evict it..or they are elligible for maintenanceplz guide me sir..thank you for ur time ...

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 July 2017

You need to spend quality time with a local senior very able counsel specializing in civil and Family matters

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register