LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     06 January 2011

Official language

In some states Acts are passed and primarily published in Hindi. English version is also published subsequently. Which version will prevail if there arises any conflict between both languages about interpretation a word ?

Learning

12 Replies

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     06 January 2011

In some states Acts are passed and  primarily published in Hindi. English version is also published subsequently. Which version will prevail if there arises any conflict between both languages about interpretation of a word ?

(Guest)

Obviously, it is International / Universal Language ENGLISH.

(Guest)

Original Act was passed in Hindi . It shows that language of the state is Hindi. The word would have been better expressed in Hindi - it would be the word spoken by  the people of that state . How can it be clarified with the help of  a foreign language that too giving priority over Hindi ? In such issues English version should  always be given secondary weight.

(Guest)

I think Language and Justice have no connection to each other.  It doesn't justify that which language can give better justice.

(Guest)

This is not a topic for speech or sentiments or advocating for a language. It is pure question of interpretation of a statute. Learned Advocate members may give better opinion  on this question .

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     08 January 2011

Just check, whether it is useful or not,

In the event of any conflict between the English and Hindi versions of a Statute enacted by the Bihar Legislature, the Hindi text will prevail.  Santosh kumar Vs State of Bihar, 1997 (2) PLJR 201

If the States’ official is Hindi, the Hindi text of notification will prevail where there is inconsistency or contradiction affecting the substance of the matter, in cases of conflict between the English and Hindi text of notification published in the official gazette. Where there is no conflict or even if it is there but it does not affect the substance of the matter, the English version will prevail over the Hindi version of notification.  Shyamlal Sah Vs State of Bihar, 1987 PLJR 482.

1 Like

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     10 January 2011

Thank you Mr. Ashutosh. However, there is a supreme court decision having opposite view.

(Guest)

I studied in Sagar MP and all in Hindi Medium. I also read Hindi literature and I not only like it but also love it.  I am here in Mumbai since 1990. Here I come across English language and same love happened with it.  Moreover, I find that English is too easy language and expresses "To the point" especially legal matters.  In day to day conversation to each other in general also it is very nice language.  Though, I do not know any other foreign language, I would like to say that English language is really deserve to be the universal language.  

Language is not only for conversation but it also expands mental level.  The English language is the most used language in the world and so opens the doors of world.  Instead of insisting for local languages if we spread awareness in illiterate and poor villagers to learn and use the English language I think the they will start concerning themselves with news and will also be able to express their view on the issues which are concerned with their day to day life and their living standard will also start coming.  It is also in our national interest as a Union of India as the people will never give attention to unnecessary clashes of religion, castism, language, regional, race, class or gender based differences.

I would like to have a ONE LANGUAGE FOR WORLD and EQUALITY IN HUMANITY and the English language can take a good part for it.

There should be no shame in accepting good things just only for the reason that someone else has invented it.  If any one language is required for entire Union of India, which can bring all the peoples of Union of India from north to south and east to west, is can be none other than the English language.  We should also remember that ENGLISH ENTERED IN INDIA AND THE KINGDOM OF SWARD BEARING RAJAs/MAHARAJAs have to go out with their sword and India became a DEMOCRATIC UNION OF INDIA which is not and educated India having Universities and other educational institutions in every field.  English language creates education and throws out illiteracy.  So, to have better Union of India it is necessary to defeat illiteracy and so if the English language accepted as the NATIONAL LANGUAGE OF UNION OF INDIA the anti-social forces who like to keep the people illiterate for fighting with unnecessary issues of religion, caste, language, region, class, gender based discrimination etc.,  will also be defeated and people will have a more peaceful and good life.

So please think to accept the Universal language English as THE NATIONAL LANGUAGE OF UNION OF INDIA.

(Guest)

And Ms. Avnish Kaur, Legal Consultant, there too.

Deepanshu (internet)     13 January 2011

Can we register our society in Delhi, or do we have to necessarily register in Faridabad region, In case we need to register ourselves in Faridabad, Does all members need to have the address in faridabad, or one member address as office address would do. [url=https://interneteclub.net/themes]Free Themes[/url] [url=https://interneteclub.net/ebooks]Free ebooks [/url]

Deepanshu (internet)     13 January 2011

Can we register our society in Delhi, or do we have to necessarily register in Faridabad region, In case we need to register ourselves in Faridabad, Does all members need to have the address in faridabad, or one member address as office address would do. [url=https://interneteclub.net/themes]Free Themes[/url] [url=https://interneteclub.net/ebooks]Free ebooks [/url]

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register