Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nina   14 October 2015

Obtaining divorce certificate

Hi,

I would like to know the procedure for obtaining the Divorce Certificate. I have a divorce decree, but would like to know the procedure for applying for a certificate. Can it be done online? or do I need to visit the court (Family Court, Mumbai) for the same? I do not want to involve my lawyer into this. Please advise.

Learning

6 Replies

b.goheel   14 October 2015

involvement of lawyer is entirely at ur discretion. bt practically ur lawyer knw much better the hurdle since he/she is in the field. otherwise it is a routine procedure of making applcation tht anyone can guide u there.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     14 October 2015

U have to apply for divorce decree in the concerned court and U will get the certified copy within one month.If U can manage the court staff by paying something U can get it immediately.

1 Like

(Guest)

Agree with Mr Sainat

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     14 October 2015

Mr.Gyan I am not sainat I am sainath devalla

Nina   14 October 2015

Thank you for your replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     17 October 2015

Yes, as properly advised, it will be better you visit the office of the family court concerned, submit a copy application seeking certified copy of the divorce decree and judgement by furnishing the case number and other details, your copies will be ready by a matter of 15 days from the date of your application. You need not take the help of your advocate who may demand huge money for this.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register