LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

legaljoe68 (member)     23 November 2015

Objection for submitting pleadings in english

my wife is represented by a lawyer whose is a practicing lawyer at Indore High Court, He is well conversant in english and hindi. In high court he has no problem when i had submitted pleadings in english, but the same lawyer has objected to my submission of pleadings in english at famil court , he has submitted an application that his client is not conversant with english, this he is doing to waste time as i have to travel to indore from gujarat. please guide me if there is some citation on this . a person is free to submit pleadings in the language best known to him ,

Learning

2 Replies

TR NIMADE (AM)     23 November 2015

Dear sir,

English is accepted all over India.If his client is not conversant in english he can guide and inform the version in hindi to her.

My case is running in Ahmedbad wherein the complainant  has submitted her version  in gujarati whereas I submitted the reply in english which was not objected and more over court has also not raise any concern to it.

Since u are from gujarat u can inform the court to permit u to file the case in gujarati and let the court decide the matter.

regards

verma 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 December 2015

The question is not about the advocate not understanding English, he contends that his client if not knowing  English.  However that advocate is wrong, he can very well explain the contents to her in her language.   You may raise objection to this before court.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register