Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ramesh maurya (student)     31 December 2013

Obc certificate for migrant from other state

Respected all of you,

I am student from New Delhi. I belong to OBC non creamy layer . In delhi they ask for continous stay in delhi since 1993. But my father migrated to delhi in 1995 from uttar pradesh. but after reading the below letter  i am confused whether my obc certificate can be issued from delhi or not. if yes please tell me the procedure and which officer i have to approach for it. i will be thankful. please help me out.

"Regarding Migration from other states issue of central OBC certificates

VERY IMPORTANT CIRCULAR

Govt. of India, Ministry of Welfare

Letter No.12011/11/94-BCC(C) New Delhi dated 8 April 1994

Read More..

To,

The Chief Secretaries 
All State Governments and
UT Administrations.

Subject: Issuing of Other Backward Class Certificates to migrants from other States/UTs

Sir,

In continuation of the DOPT's letter of 36012/22/93-Estt. (SCT) dated 15 November, 1993, I am directed to say that it has been represented to this Department that persons belonging to OBCs who have migrated from one State to another for the purpose of employment, education, etc. experience great difficulty in obtaining caste certificates from the State from which they have migrated. In order to remove this difficulty, it has been decided that the prescribed authority of a State/U.T. Administration in terms of the DOPT letter No.36012/22/93-Estt.(SCT) dated 15th November, 1993 may issue the OBC Certificate to a person who has migrated from another State on the production of a genuine certificate issued to his father by the prescribed authority of the State of his father's origin except where the prescribed authority feels that a detailed enquiry is necessary through the State of origin before the issue of the Certificate.

2. The Certificate will be issued irrespective of whether the OBC candidate in question is included in the list of OBC pertaining to the State/U.T. to which the person has migrated. The facility does not alter the OBC status of the person in relation to the one or the other State/U.T. The OBC person on migration from the State/U.T. of his origin to another State/U.T. where his caste is not in the OBC list is entitled to the concessions/benefits admissible to the OBCs from the State of his origin and Union Government but not from the State where he has migrated.

3. It is requested that all competent authorities may be advised to issue the OBC Certificate after satisfying themselves of the correctness of the Certificate. The Lists of the Competent Authorities empowered as per DOPT's circular of 15 November 1993 may be followed strictly. No other authorities may be allowed to issue the OBC Certificates.

Yours faithfully,

Sd/…

(M.S. Pandit)

Joint Secretary to the Govt. of India.

Learning

9 Replies

Avadhesh Paliwal (advocate)     11 January 2014

please do not confused of above circular OBC certificate is your and you are living in delhi it is not concern with your father ..........you OBC certificate is valid for delhi......please advise with any delhi advocate

H.JanakiManohar Rao (lawyer)     19 May 2015

The issue of caste certicate will be from your origin place.If you change the state they will not issue the caste certificate.If you are settled in that state then they will issue caste certifcate.Burden of proof of caste lies on you.Anotherthing is your caste in the previous state may be B.C or O.B.C but in the present state it may be O.C.For example Kamma caste is B.C in Karnataka State but in Andhra Pradesh they are O.C.The state will treat your caste basing on their categarisation in the state.    

H.JanakiManohar Rao (lawyer)     19 May 2015

The issue of caste certicate will be from your origin place.If you change the state they will not issue the caste certificate.If you are settled in that state then they will issue caste certifcate.Burden of proof of caste lies on you.Anotherthing is your caste in the previous state may be B.C or O.B.C but in the present state it may be O.C.For example Kamma caste is B.C in Karnataka State but in Andhra Pradesh they are O.C.The state will treat your caste basing on their categarisation in the state.    

Satish Mishra   09 March 2017

Nothing left to add as Mr. Rao just gave the perfect explanation. 

Rakesh   18 February 2018

So, the conclusion is that a student whose native is say "Rajasthan" cannot make his caste certificate in "Karnataka"?

In my case, My caste "Seervi" is recognised as OBC by Government of Rajasthan...But I dont know if my caste that is "Seervi" comes under any reservation category recognised by Government of Karnataka as such...

Would appreciate if anyone could guide me regarding this... 

Rohith   19 March 2018

I belong to Veerashaiva Lingayath caste which is under BC-D according to G.O in 2009 in telugu states. I am a resident of Telangana. I have 2 doubts, kindly looking forward for your replies.

1). Will i come under reserved category i.e., under OBC if i want to apply for any  exams in KARNATAKA.

2). Will my cCASTE CERTIFICATE  issued in Telangana be valid in karnataka when i am appearing for exams.

H.JanakiManohar Rao (lawyer)     20 March 2018

Your caste is B.C in telengana,butin Karnataka State as per their schduled list that means if it is in their list in B.C u r B.C there also.If u r not in B.C/S.C/S.T list u r O.C there.So see d list of categarisation and decide yourself under which category ur caste falls.

Rakesh   11 June 2018

Same problem for Me also 

I was born in Rajasthan My caste is Kumawat It is OBC is rajasthan Govt  backward caste list .but it is not listed in telengana  so i will be treated as OC in telengana. my doubt for this Question was already solved .

Now My big Question is How to get Domicile certificate. I have studied from 4 th class to Engineering in telengana ..so will i be treated as local of telengana ...  As i alredy have Domicile certiticate of Rajasthan.. Weather it will create a problm during verification in govt jobs that u studied in telngana but ur producing certificate from Rajasthan . Kindly help me in this...!!!   ... Respected Lawyers and Advocates Please Help me in  this...!!!

My mail rakeshpatelb4u@gmail.com   Waiting for your Response..!!

H.JanakiManohar Rao (lawyer)     22 July 2018

If u reside 4 years continuously prior to your qualifying exam or live 7 years continuously in telengana u can claim nativity of Telengana.For example if u apply for Jr asst post in telengana,graduation is qualification for jr.asst.so u should have studied in telengana for 4 yrs i.e degree+ sr.Intermediate in Telengana.I think it is clear now.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register