Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

GIRISH (PARTNER)     08 July 2016

Nuisance of an advocate family in a cooperative society.

I reside in a society having 230 flats. A high court lawyer also resides here with his family. The man has extremely rude behaviour  & is extremely short tempered/ abusive. His mother is the chairman of the society--15 out of 20 years since the society was formed..she never called for elections and this is like a family business for them ...mismanagement,harassement to members,misappropriation of funds,filing police complaints against people who speak against them and so on.

Finally we held elections and got rid of them from the society affairs.( She is no longer a committe member as she lost the elections)

Ever since the new committee was formed the advocate has entered the society office many times &  fought and abused the office bearers. He has now filed a bogus police complaint against the chairman /others of harassment (complainant being his mother.)

How do we deal with this nuisance??

Learning

5 Replies

JustAdvisor (IT)     08 July 2016

i don't understand what you are scared of. if he has abused committee members, you file a police complaint. record his abuses if possible in the future. you have so many witnesses on your side. and don't worry about him being an advocate. you can always engage an able counsel with a cool mind. if things go too much out of hand bye laws do provide for extreme action but practically it is an uphill task. it would be best to engage an able counsel dealing in cooperative matters.

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     09 July 2016

I agree with the advise tendered above .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register