LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

saira KHAN (PROBATIONARY OFFICER)     11 November 2014

Notice period for resignation during probationary period

i am working in one public sector bank as probationary officer ,and resigned the bankas i got rcruited in other govt organisation,bank HR asked me to serve 3 month notice period or deposit penalty amount that is 3 months salary,

i want to ask is 3 month notice fair during probationary period, as many other psbs require only 1 month notice period

please help me its urgent

Learning

5 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     11 November 2014

Depends upon bank rules particularly, check banking act....

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     12 November 2014

If you have still not joined the bank and awaiting an other offer of appointment elsewhere then request the bank authorities to allow you to join the bank after 2 or 3 months by submitting a letter to that effect. 

Anand Bali Adv. (Advocate Solicitor & Consultant)     14 November 2014

Dear friend, In your case what so ever are the terms and conditions written in your contract letter / Letter of appointment will prevail, in most of the cases in Bank only one month's notice is enough to leave the organisation if you are in a probation period and if you are a regular employee then only three month's notice is required.

It is better you see the terms and conditions of your employment and only then proceed according to that. which will not be a troublesome for you in future.

Good Luck for the new Future assignment.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 November 2014

Seek help of bank employee's unions for your and larger cause. What is the notice period of bank initiates termination during probation period.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     16 November 2014

The terms and conditions printed in the appointment letter will speak the rules of the bank about your resignation as well. Go through the same properly and then decide what is to be done.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register