LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ajitesh Mehra (job)     20 July 2017

Notice from neighbours

I have received notice from my neighbor to vacate the house in which i live. I live in rented house and few days before my girlfriend was at my place some of the neighbours came to my house and started abusing me thinking she is a prostitute. I real sense she is not she is my girl friend. Now i have received a letter from them stating to vacate otherwise legal action will be taken. Is their act legally valid?

Learning

3 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     20 July 2017

No,your neighbors can't ask you to vacate the rented premises,it is only your landlord who can ask to you.your neighbors if have any problem or complaint with you they can approach to police station and register complaint against you.

(Guest)

Agree with Adv. Goyal.  Your Neighbour(s) has no right whatsoever to ask you to vaccate your house. Only in case of some nusiance or disturbance he can complain agaist you. They also do NOT have any right to perform Moral Policing. If you are living in a housing society check if they have set Norms/Guidelines etc 

Give a fight only and only If you are genunely in relationship with your female friend and in fact you both too can approach the Law enforcing agencies.

Needless to say that most of the residential societies are apprehensive of females coming and staying with male bachelors as these are the old cultural norms of our society. Hence just be sensitive of this fact as well. 

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     20 July 2017

They can do nothing under law. Even if she were a prostitute, they have to prove it in a court of law. There are so many live-in relationships.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register