Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

manoj kumar (qa inspector)     02 February 2014

Not permited for interview

Sir,

I am serving in Indian Navy and due to release form service in Apr 2014 applied for the post of Junior Engineer in the UPPCL  after obtaining the no objection certificate(NOC) from Navy in the category of Ex Service Man and qualified in the written examination therefore they were called for the interview on 21.01.2014, but they were not permitted for the interview on the ground that I am  not coming in the purview of the Ex-Servicemen as I am still working in Navy but I am eligible to be considered as Ex-Servicemen as per the Gazette of India dated 10 October 2012. Which satate that “On completion   of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year) otherwise than by way of dismissal or mischarge on account of misconduct of inefficiency;” But UPPCL denied Interview . Please help me on this matter what can i do now as interview date s are over.

Regards

Learning

5 Replies

Shashikant V. Patil (Lawyer)     03 February 2014

Dear Manoj Kumar,

While due for discharge or release shortly from the Defence services Ex-servicemen are , in order to avail a Class I & Class II post or Gazetted Officer post in Civil Dept.  for a servicemen who are due to release or discharge on completion of their regular term and likely to become Ex-servicemen, Min of Defence, make this provision in 1994-95 itself for those ex-servicemen by issuing NOC from Defence Organisation to join or to absorb for the post applied in Civil.  In your case, despite , you produced NOC, UPPCL, denied interview is unfortunate but you have to fight for it.   You may informed to your Commanding Officer, Welfare Office to write and grivances  letter to   UPPCL and copy to Min. of Defence.  You also prepared to file Writ Petition in the High Court to stay this recruitment, as UPPCL have made a injustice with you.  Contact a good lawyer and file a Writ Petition .

manoj kumar (qa inspector)     03 February 2014

Thanks Mr Patil for your valuable advise. Would you please give me some good legal expert contact no in Lucknow so i can file a writ petetion.

Shashikant V. Patil (Lawyer)     04 February 2014

Dear Manojkumar,

I am being from Maharashtra, hence I am not known Advocates from Lucknow.  However, you may search from Advocate's search in this same site.  Best of luck.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 February 2014

Yes as advised by Mr.Patil, a writ against the UPPCL will fetch you some relief and solution to the ensuing issue.  This is highly atrocious and injustice.  They cannot do this to you, especially when the government of India has already granted  such welfare policy in the interest of ex servicemen resettlement after discharge from their service.

manoj kumar (qa inspector)     13 February 2014

Dear T Kalaiselvan sir one of my friend has file a case against UPPCL in Lucknow High Court on same issue but no relief has come. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register