LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AJAY   18 August 2018

Not happy with marriage

Hi I am a 29 year old man. My little brother who is younger than me by two years got married be fore me. Three was immense pressure on me to get married. During my brother's marriage, one day before my family told me to see some girl, I saw her and came back. Wedding happened of my little brother, next day my mother told me to go downstairs to say yes to that girl's family. But I said no to my mother , After saying no for almost three hours to all women in the house. My chachi to meet her alone at some temple then decide. We did that, that girl came with almost 6-7 people, I asked her that u dont my salary, u dont what I do, how are u ready for this. When I said all this things she started to get fidgety and almost on verge of crying. For that day I said Yes to her. (I Know i made a mistake here). I decided when I go to NAvi Mumbai i'll say no to them. But fate went against me. On that day itself, 7 p. m , I was told that it is my engagement, I was very angry, but couldnt do anything in my village against elders. 4 days later came back to Navi mumbai. I got busy with a job and everything and father went through medical illnes and got brain stroke. he can sit only , all has to be done by us. this happened till december 2017. during that my chacha came and fixed my wedding behind my back. My mother tried to make me understand that im older and need to get married and I said yes during January. Got married in may 2018. I was told that she is educated, matured and good person. on first she came with her cousin. So I told it doesnt look good, let your sister stay in your room, ill sleep upstairs. Next day at12 midnight, her father called my mother and soke regarding why I am entering the room. I was angry to hear that. I was like she was supposed to be mature. we strayed there for 5 days but hardly talked to her. Her family once again told why am I not talking with her. I told them it is an arranged marriage, it would take time for me, they understoof I think. Came back to Navi Mumbai. Live in a chawl, due to financial problems caused due to hospitals bill for father's illness and wedding, Room was not ready. Her family knew that, I told her that we need to get to know each other and then we will consummate the marriage and told her to wait. She said yes but every 2nd day she would make a fuss about it. She even had her mother and sister in law talk to me through home about s*x indirectly. I was upset to hear because I just talked to her about this 2 days ago. This didnt stop. She got education only going to school during exams. She doesnt even know what sandwich is. I was like how we will talk with each other.we are poles apart in education, maturity and everything. I told her thatw e need to be like friends first, get to know each other. she got angry like "Main yahan dost banane aayi hoon, khana banane aayi hoo and all those things". even my family supported her. I had a talk with her regarding all this things as we didnt have our room ready we were sleeping in the same room but couldnt do anything as anyone could have come any time. she knew that, but she was adamant. One day due to tiredness i slept at 9, she made a huge fuss about it and creted a ruckus at night. I went outside for 10 minutes and came back. she asked my mother how dare ho go outside for 10 minutes. My mother sternly told her that it happens sometimes. Finally her whole family came on sunday. We had an argument I told them that I was not ready for wedding initialy but said yes 5 months before wedding. All this done, one of her chacha said that take a break of 10 -12 days both of you and he said that there is fault in both of us. we have not consummated our marriage yet becasue her consatant taunts and behaviour every 2nd day. she even even got angry at my little cousin sister just because one day she brought dinner for me. Her father was like that she is correct, you are her husband, you should order her. I told him that she is not my servant, she is equal. I even asked her earlier if she wants a job, she said no, that it is duty of a husband to provide for family. I looked at heavens because of this. After all this argument with her family, decision was taken that she will go to malad for 10-12 days and back by 15th august 2018. Later same day one her chacha took me upstairs, said that you have 80% problem in your body as you said you are not getting a feeling of doing it. I told him that it is not like that one someones keeps taunting you every 2nd day, you dont feel like doing it. but he told me to get me checked. i didnt say anything, i was like it would lead to another argument, i said yes. (Another guy would have abused him for questioning someon's manhood). they went back to malad, i got myself checked semen test, blood test evrything was normal. just before 15th august I called her brother asked him, when they bringing her back. he said not yet as they are not properly romed around Mumbai. later 17th august I came to know that she has gone back to village in U.P. my whole family was perplexed. My mother called and asked her father , ehat is this. He said that her mother was crying thats' ehy we took her to village. he proposed that I should live in village for 1-2 month,and he will pay for treatment of s*xual problems which I dont have at all. and his salary as well which he gets. My mother said no as I could be sacked as I recently got new role at my NGO. I called her father regarding that it was wrong for you gusy to take her to village without informing. I told him that you guys said that we will start fresh after 15th august. He said nothing happened in 3 months and what will change in 10 days. Iw as perplexed , I told him we decided that, but he was like what about your treatment I told him everything was alright, I did it to you guy satisfaction. I called my wife , first question she asked was "AAPKI BIMAARI THIK HO GAYI". I was like which disease and then she mentioned that her chacha told her about test and everything. I told her that I didnt have any problem it was your chacha who was adamant that there is 80 % problem in my body and i didnt waant to argue more on that day, OS I said yes.(I have recording of that). I told her that we decided we will start fresh, what's your decision. She said that it depends on her father and brother. I dont know what to do. Her family believes anyone. I know i made some mistake in marriage as well a\but they confessed that their girl was guilty as well. She took all the jewellery given to her worth almost 3 lakhs to her village. I wont lie, they have given something during wedding as well. Lwt me tell you nothing was discussed with me. I even told them before wedding to have a very simple wedding, they said no, it should be grand one. WHAT DO I DO? Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register