Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar (Develeoper)     01 October 2013

Not getting experience letter

Hello Experts,

I have been working with an NGO from last 1 year. I have been a good performing employee. I had resigned from the NGO giving 15 days notice(30days is the notice period as per NGO law) as my father was critically ill. My manager assigned me some task and told you finish these and you can leave. I worked on sat/sun and all late night to finish them. Finally I submitted everything and left on Sunday night. In the midnight I got a mail from my Manager stating the technology you have used is different from what is actually required. Now they have put on hold my salary and experience letter.They are asking me to come back and finish the task.After that only I will get the letter.  What can I do at this time to get my releaving letter and salary for 15 days?

Thanks

Kumar

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 October 2013

If there is actually an error at your end there should be nothing wrong in completing the work and getting the service certificate, acceptance of resignation, FNF statement and FNF pay.

Kumar (Develeoper)     01 October 2013

Its something that was told to me. Before leaving I had a word also mentioning all the detail. Moreover I had already conveyed the same about the technology to them and in the meeting it was agreed. The other thing I have come from last 10 days to hospital as my father is not well. There is very less possibility for me to move to office and finish off.

Kumar

Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 October 2013

One option is that you may reply to the email and explain as you have explained in your last post (that you have complied with instructions passed on to you during meeting and you had later proceed to complete the work after informing Mr/Ms……………..on the steps) and point out that you are unable to appear in person since your father is ( say bedridden/sick/under medical supervision and keep the copy of the record with you)………………………………………….

Other option is that if you feel that company wants to claim some loss and hold on to or square off your dues claiming error/loss caused by you, meet some local lawyer in person with copies of all docs and let your lawyer structure your reply keeping in mind that you would need to have favorable written record.

When your father is fit you may visit and set the things in order.

Apply your judgement.

Kumar (Develeoper)     03 October 2013

Thanks Kumar Doab, 

Even I am thinking of the same now. I had a word with some of the senior officials who even suggested to file a complaint against the NGO at IG Registrar Society which register's the NGO. But before this I am planning to meet them last time in the office and I will try to resolve the matter peacefully, but still still if does not get resolved I am planning to move into legal things.

Thanks

Kumar

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register