LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suhash Guha (ASSISTANT DIRECTOR)     22 March 2017

Non withdrawal of pf

I have resigned from service around 3 months ago and have not withdrawn my PF balance yet from my ex employer where PF is maintained by PF Trust. The person maintaining PF books is threatening to deposit my PF balance to EPFO suspense account (over telephone). Is it actually possible and legally tenable? As far I know, there is no restriction in keeping the balance with ex employer. Please help.

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     23 March 2017

If you still find your employer has not deposited the deducted PF with the trust or EPF then you can do following

• You can file a criminal case against your employer. You file a written complaint against your employer in the local police station.
  • You can also take this up with the provident fund department by sending an email to cvo@epfindia.gov.in. To furnish a written complaint in your regional PF office, you can get the relevant contact details at https:www.epfindia.com.
  • You can complain to the chief vigilance officer appointed by the labour ministry. You can email at cvo@epfindia.gov.in . 
  • You can approach your regional PF inspector for action against your employer.

Please ensure that for all complaints you produce your salary slips showing PF deduction and your employer’s name, address and, if possible, PF registration number.

Suhash Guha (ASSISTANT DIRECTOR)     24 March 2017

Dear Mr Rama Chary,

My question is that as i have not withdrawn my PF balance with the PF Trust after my resignation, can they practically and legally deposit my PF balance with EPFO without my consent? I have been threatened over phone that they will deposit the money to "EPFO SUSPENSE ACCOUNT" from where I shall face enormous trouble to withdraw the amount. As far I know, there is no restriction in withdrawing the PF balance after resignation.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register