LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SEKAR XXXXX (Sr Engineer)     05 January 2015

Non receipt of policy document

I taken the new term insurance policy from XXX Company.

As of now, couldn’t receive the policy document from insurance company. For that I contacted  XXX customer centre. They said policy delivered as per XXX record and courier  record.

I asked them to get the Proof of delivery from courier .In the proof of delivery the receiver signature should be present. But  XXX customer service stated that received the confirmation from courier the policy document delivered to me.

XXX team not provided the proof of delivery?

XXX customer  team advised me apply the duplicate policy? I’m not keen apply the duplicated policy why because I couldn’t receive the policy so far?  And more over I got  incorrect information from XXX  team regarding my policy document shipment.

I have contacted  them  on 11-DEC-2014.They said that policy document in transit on the way. Again I checked with them on 19-DEC-2014.They  updated as the document delivered on 05-DEC-2014.

How it is Possible the document delivered on 05-DEC-2014.They already  communicated me on 11-DEC-2014.The policy in transit on the way?

The insurer responsibility to deliver  the policy  document to customer. If the customer not in the receipt of policy document. As an insurer They  have to re issue the policy? and investigate the policy where it was delivered?

As part of courier  tracker, The document delivered to company seal. That means the policy document delivered to one of the organisation. I’m an Individual policy holder .My communication address is home. How come they delivered to company?

Requesting you to Re issue the policy  without the request letter and send it to my communication address through India postal .I requested them to re issue the original policy not an duplicate policy.

I have contacted them couple of times for this matter . Every time they  asked to apply the duplicate policy request. They are not understanding my concerns at the customer point of view?

Now I’m worrying about my personal data. My personal data (Family History and Medical History and Nominee Details)reaches to some unknown persons. They may misuse my personal information to any other purposes.

Could you please advise on this case. If I will get an duplicate policy? 

Learning

6 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     05 January 2015

Dear, Send a legal notice claiming the harassment and mental agony caused by them and file a complaint against them..... Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     08 January 2015

It is a gross negligence and deficiency in services of Insurance company.File complaint before District Consumer Redressal Forum and demand the original copy of policy alongwith compensation towards mental and physical agony caused toyou.

SEKAR XXXXX (Sr Engineer)     08 January 2015

Thanks for your suggestions.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 January 2015

It is a clear case of gross deficiency of service by the service provider to its customer.  You have a good case to follow it up through consumer forum and get duly compensated for the mental agony and the hardships you faced.  First issue a legal notice to the insurance company demanding your claim, based on their reply you may decide about further action.

SEKAR XXXXX (Sr Engineer)     25 January 2015

I sent my complient COO Desk.They have resolved with in a week of time.Their response given below for your response.

Dear XXX

Thank you so much for your co-operation while we were working on the issue of policy document not being delivered to you.

We shall reprint and send fresh policy document today the 12th Jan’2015 to your mailing address via speed post as per your request. We shall keep you posted once policy document is re-dispatched.

Once again we are sorry that you received service that prompted you to contact us with a feed back, and we regret any inconvenience or frustration that this experience has caused you. To ensure that the service reflects the high regard that we have for our customers, we have notified the officials of XX XX  courier and necessary actions will be taken.

Your patronage is important to us and we look forward to serving you more efficiently in the future.

Thank you once again for bringing the matter to our attention.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 April 2016

In such cases always demand the certified copy of signed POD and that delivery boy may identitfy the house/address and person to whom the original cover was supplied.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register