LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

wolfden1980   23 February 2018

Non payment of dues by guests to the hotel

Honourable Experts I am Sunder Rajan seeking your help on matter of non payment. With my retirement money I now own a resort on the outskirts of Nashik city. A couple of months back a few guests arrived at my resort for a weekend stay. They paid an advance amount of Rs 10000 for their total package of Rs 25000. However on the day of the checkout the guests refused to pay the balance amount stating flimsy reasons to my hotel manager There whimsical reasons included no mobile connectivity, no hot water coming all the time which my manager explained and rectified to his best efforts. But without listening to reason the guests created a ruckus and ran away from the resort before my manager could call the police. The local police is not of much help as the claim it is not their lookout. My people having the contact details called and sent emails to the guests and the guests are refusing to pay the amount citing the whimsical reasons. I also engaged a local lawyer who sent a legal notice to the guests but they are refusing to accept the legal notice also. What can I do to recover my money. Please help Sunder

Learning

4 Replies

Adv. SUNIL MHATRE   23 February 2018

You can go for court procedure...
But amount is Rs 15000 only.....
But then also you want to teach them...
you can go....
But as per your business needs....
you should try always best to satisfy your customers....
and it will be only helpful to grow your business...

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 February 2018

Your own very able senior LOCAL counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in civil matters and having successful track record………………that is in knowledge of all facts, inputs, docs on record must have already advised you to approach court of law for recovery…

The said guests and their counsel can also contest and put up their defense and evidences and court shall decide on merits. 

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     24 February 2018

The jurisdiction for court will be the area, where your resort is situated. If your guests were far away they will have to come to your locality to contest the case. That is your advantage. You should take all precautions so that such things do not happen in future. There may be others who run resorts in your locality or nearby localities. Try to benefit from their experinces.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register