LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RAMANI (retired)     28 January 2014

Non occupancy charges

My Society in Mumbai are charging me 10% non occupancy charges. The Govt directive allows the Society to charge 10% of service charges nett of municipal taxes. The Society is collecting Sinking Fund and Repairs & Maintenance charges every month. In my opinion these two amounts are long term funds and hence should not form part of the non occupancy charges. Since the Act specifically mentions service charges I feel Sinking Fund and Repairs and Maintenance charges fall outside the definition of "service charge". Moreover the act also specifies the rate at which Sinking Fund and Repairs & Maintenance Fund should be collected. The Society has to seek the permission of the Registrar if they have to utilise these funds. Therefore in my opinion these levies are at par with Municipal taxes and hence should not be taken for calculation of Non-Occupancy charges. Members views are welcome.

Learning

2 Replies

rekha bhanshali (house wife)     31 January 2014

dear sir

normalley society can charge 10% of the maintenance but some society can charge Rs.200/- to Rs.300/-  if we are complaining to society then they says you go where ever  you want to go that laungauge is used by  the society's chair person in this case what action we can take please advice. 

rekha bhanshali (house wife)     31 January 2014

dear sir

normalley society can charge 10% of the maintenance but some society can charge Rs.200/- to Rs.300/-  if we are complaining to society then they says you go where ever  you want to go that laungauge is used by  the society's chair person in this case what action we can take please advice. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register